Other requirements

If changes occur on the name, nationality, address of residence, as well as the destruction or damage of the document certifying residency, you must obtain another certificate of registration or residence card. To do this, submit the following documents to the territorial units of the General Inspectorate for Immigration in the county where you live:

  1. application form;
  2. identity document / passport (valid) in original and copy;

  3. certificate of registration / residence card;

  4. proof of modification occurred (except that says residency address);

  5. taxes.

Other relevant documents for the stated purpose will be presented only if application changes occured (from previous different purpose, different job, different educational institution, etc.).

As an exception, citizens of EU / EEA / Swiss Confederation registered based on subsistance means must prove the existence of these means and health insurance when filing the new application.

In case of loss or theft of the document a person must present the same documents above (no document issued by GII, of course), plus the proof of loss or theft from the police station.